AUSTRALIA: Simon Gilbert chairman resigns
The chairman of Simon Gilbert Wines has resigned. Rodney Tubbs has stepped down, to be replaced with immediate effect by David Combe.
From 1991 to 2000, as senior vice president international, Combe set up and ran the international operations of Southcorp Wines. From February 2001 until November 2003 he was a non-executive director of Evans & Tate Ltd. He is a former Australian senior trade commissioner in Canada and Hong Kong.
The Simon Gilbert board now comprises David Combe (chairman), Paul Pacino (managing director), and Andrew Bursill (non executive director).
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- The European beer market - Focus
- Global Travel Retail - What is the Grey Market?
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard pairs Usain Bolt with Mumm Champagne