AUSTRALIA: Simeon Wine's fortunes drop 5%
Major Australian bulk producer, Simeon Wines, dropped 5% in post-tax profit to $A18.2m in 1999-2000 but MD, Neil McKenzie, says that immediate prospects are bright with a 12%-15% profit forecast for the current year."Demand is as buoyant as it has ever been with major clients looking to do more business," he said after announcing a 17% increase in revenues to $A115m.EBIT fell 3% to $A28.6m with EBIT of winery operations $A8m higher but EBIT of vineyard sales being $A8m lower because the poor vintage meant minimal returns from sales of grapes, usually 10,000 tonnes.Direct sales to UK outlets, following the appointment of a UK sales manager, had lifted 25%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research