AUSTRALIA: Simeon Wine's fortunes drop 5%
Major Australian bulk producer, Simeon Wines, dropped 5% in post-tax profit to $A18.2m in 1999-2000 but MD, Neil McKenzie, says that immediate prospects are bright with a 12%-15% profit forecast for the current year."Demand is as buoyant as it has ever been with major clients looking to do more business," he said after announcing a 17% increase in revenues to $A115m.EBIT fell 3% to $A28.6m with EBIT of winery operations $A8m higher but EBIT of vineyard sales being $A8m lower because the poor vintage meant minimal returns from sales of grapes, usually 10,000 tonnes.Direct sales to UK outlets, following the appointment of a UK sales manager, had lifted 25%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Forget Baby Boomers at your peril - Consumer Trend
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research