AUSTRALIA: Simeon Wine's fortunes drop 5%
Major Australian bulk producer, Simeon Wines, dropped 5% in post-tax profit to $A18.2m in 1999-2000 but MD, Neil McKenzie, says that immediate prospects are bright with a 12%-15% profit forecast for the current year."Demand is as buoyant as it has ever been with major clients looking to do more business," he said after announcing a 17% increase in revenues to $A115m.EBIT fell 3% to $A28.6m with EBIT of winery operations $A8m higher but EBIT of vineyard sales being $A8m lower because the poor vintage meant minimal returns from sales of grapes, usually 10,000 tonnes.Direct sales to UK outlets, following the appointment of a UK sales manager, had lifted 25%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- The Beer Engine that is Africa
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report