US: Silver Eagle becomes largest AB distributor in US
Silver Eagle Distributors L.P. has become the largest Anheuser-Busch distributor in the US.
The drinks distributor said yesterday (1 August) that it has acquired all assets of BudCo, the A-B and Grupo Modelo sales, marketing and distribution company for 13 counties in South Texas. Financial details of the transaction were not disclosed.
Silver Eagle president and CEO John Nau III said: "The companies have many similarities and that made the decision to purchase a logical next step for Silver Eagle. Growth makes for exciting times. We look forward to getting to know the San Antonio market and believe our collective knowledge will be of benefit to all the markets we serve."
The A-B distributor, which runs facilities in greater and downtown Houston, Rosenberg, Cypress and Conroe, will now service over 10,000 retailers, generating volume sales of 43m case equivalents per year, the company said.
Anheuser-Busch has posted a steady lift in sales and profit for 2007....
Compania Cervecerias Unidas (CCU) has posted a marked leap in net profit for 2007....
Saigon Beer Alcohol Beverage Corp (Sabeco) has seen its IPO fall short of the company's target....
Last week's announcement that Scottish & Newcastle (S&N) had finally agreed to recommend Carlsberg and Heineken's joint GBP7.8bn (US$15.5bn) takeover offer signalled the latest and possibly final chap...
Crown Beers India, the joint venture between Anheuser-Busch and Crown International, has increased the prices of Budweiser in selected Indian markets owing to rising raw material costs....
The Fox Soccer Channel (FSC) is partnering with Mexican beer brand Corona Extra for a national promotion tied to coverage of Barclays Premier League and other live programming in the US....
Productscan has revealed that a wave of niche products has recently been launched across the globe, illustrating how drinks manufacturers are getting ahead of one another by continually offering somet...
Foster's Group and Grupo Modelo have extended their exclusive license for Foster's to sell and market the Corona Extra brand in Australia....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research