UK: “Significant” shareholder gets Mitchells & Butlers board representation
Mitchells & Butlers has added another director to its board.
The UK pub operator said yesterday (20 March) that Edward Irwin will come on board as a non-independent, non-executive director. Irwin is a representative of Elpida Limited, a “significant” shareholder in Mitchells & Butlers, the company said.
Iriwn is the current finance director for Coolmore, a thoroughbred bloodstock breeder with operations in Ireland, the US and Australia.
Chairman Bob Ivell said: “Elpida is a supportive shareholder and we are confident that having Mr. Irwin on the board will be both positive and constructive,” said M&B chairman Bob Ivell.
The appointment takes immediate effect.
Separately, Ivell added: “Our search for both a new chief executive and for independent non-executive directors is progressing well.”
The company started the search for a new CEO when Jeremy Blood stepped down late last year.
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory