USA: Sierra Mist, Pepsi's new lemon-lime carbonate launches in US
Pepsi has launched its own lemon-lime alternative to Coca-Cola's Sprite and Cadbury Schweppes 7 UP, with the roll out of Sierra Mist in the US.Samples of this latest brand to join the Pepsi portfolio are available at football games and supermarket across the US and Pepsi intends to spend $50m on marketing what it describes as "a cleaner, more refreshing lemon-lime".Lemon-lime is the second largest soft drink segment in the US after the colas. Sierra Mist is to be positioned as a new age soda with marketing, packaging and advertising concentrating on its refreshing taste.Gary Rodkin, Pepsi's North American beverage executive told US press that Sierra Mist is meant to fill a hole in the company's soft drink portfolio, providing a lemon-lime to bottlers who don't have one. If Sierra Mist gets a 1% share of the market in its first year, Rodkin told US press: "We would be happy."Advertising for Sierra Mist is planned for mid-November and Pepsi also intends to push sales via restaurants, theatres and other such like accounts.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits