Sidney Frank recruits Popkin as new CEO
Jeff Popkin is Sidney Frank Importing Co's new CEO
Sidney Frank Importing Co has appointed Jeffrey Popkin as its new CEO, following last week's departure of Lee Einsidler.
Popkin joins the US company, which was acquired by Mast Jägermeister earlier this year, after having spent almost four years with US coconut water company Vita Coco, nearly three of which were as president. His appointment comes a week after Sidney Frank confirmed that Lee Einsidler had left to head up Casamigos Spirits Co.
Einsidler was joined by a number of other executives in making the move to Casamigos.
"Jeffrey brings a very unique leadership skillset that matches with our plans for growing the Jagermeister brand in the US and Canada," said board member Michael Volke. "He knows how to take established brands and bring them to new levels of success."
Germany's Mast Jägermeister, which owns the Jägermeister liqueur brand, completed its purchase of Sidney Frank in August.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Is sustainability now as important as financials?
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts