US: Sidney Frank moves Illinois distribution from Wirtz to Southern
Sidney Frank Importing Company has switched distribution in the state of Illinois from Wirtz Beverage to Southern Wine & Spirits.
The company, which imports Jägermeister liqueur, Gekkeikan saké and Michael Collins Irish whiskey into the US, announced earlier today (17 January) that the Illinois unit of Southern will assume distribution from 1 March. No reason for the move was given.
“This move creates a number of synergies which will enhance our ability to service on- and off-premise retailers throughout our distribution network,” said Sidney Frank's vice chairman, John Frank.
“I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you to Wirtz Beverage Illinois and the entire Wirtz organization for the fabulous partnership that we have had with them over the years.”
Southern's president and COO, Wayne Chaplin, added: “We are extremely proud to represent them in many markets throughout the country, and we are excited to be working with their team in the very important Illinois market.”
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- Diageo silent on United Spirits job losses
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Wild Geese gets Australian nod in Pernod legal row
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends