US/CARIBBEAN: Sidney Frank bags rights for George Clooney Tequila Casamigos
Casamigos is set for a distribution boost in the US
Sidney Frank has agreed a deal to handle the George Clooney-owned small-batch Tequila brand Casamigos in the US and the Caribbean from next month.
Casamigos, which first launched in the US in January last year, said yesterday (March 20) that Sidney Frank will become the exclusive importer and distributor of the brand from April 1. The length and financial details of the deal were not disclosed.
Casamigos, which comes in two versions, Blanco and Reposado, was previously distributed in the US by Serrallés USA. The 40% abv Tequila is made from 100% Blue Weber agaves grown in Mexico's Jalisco Highlands for a minimum of seven years. The Blanco version has an SRP of US$44.99 and the Reposado is $49.99.
Each bottle is numbered and signed by Clooney and Rande Gerber, founder of Gerber Spirits, who helped establish the brand, along with Discovery Land Company CEO & founder Michael Meldman.
Gerber said: "We have long admired Sidney Frank Importing Company for their expertise in building ultra-premium brands.”
Casamigos, named after Clooney’s and Gerber’s houses in Mexico, roughly translates as “house of friends”.
- SABMiller's troubles fuel M&A rumours
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's H1 Performance by Brand
- Three Questions for the Drinks Industry
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- Moet Hennessy sales falter in YTD
- Diageo Q1 sales dip "in line with expectations"
- Diageo to appeal Parrot Bay UK TV ad ban