FRANCE: Sidel unveils rugby-shaped bottle
Timed to coincide with this year's Rugby World Cup, packaging company Sidel has developed a 750ml PET bottle in the shape of a rugby ball.
The bottle features stitches and smooth areas on the sides, and rests on what looks like a kicking tee. There is also an inflation valve and the label is placed under the bottle to avoid altering the shape of the ball.
Sidel's customer, Eaux Minerals d'Alet, based in Alet in France's Aude region close to the Pyrenees, has associations with French athletes. Its Alet-les-Bains is the official water of the Toulouse Football Club and the Olympic Lyonnais.
The collectors' bottle will be sold during the World Cup at major French retailers nationwide. The World Cup takes place in France during September and October.
A glance at the "Water List" at exclusive London hotel Claridge's may give one a glimpse into the future for the water sector. The lofty prices being asked for exotic waters sourced from far-flung cou...
The wine world - whether consumers or producers - is often characterised as traditional and conservative. But environmental concerns, rising transport and raw material costs and the need to cater for ...
Castel Group has said it will look to bottle its wines in PET if the price of glass continues to rise next year....
Coca-Cola Amatil has upped its profit forecast for the second half of this year....
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Diageo adds to Entourage tie-up - video
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review