UK: SHS Group targets impulse market with Merrydown price drop
Click through to view the price-marked Merrydown bottles
SHS Group has launched its Merrydown brand in price-marked 75cl glass bottles to take advantage of impulse buys.
The cider will cost GBP2.49 (US$3.87) in off-trade and wholesale outlets compared to its regular GBP2.55 price tag, SHS said yesterday (23 July). The promotion starts next month and will end in December or when stocks run out, the Northern Irish company said.
Price-marked six-packs will also be available for GBP9.35 (US$14.50) excluding VAT from wholesalers and cash-and-carry stockists.
“There’s been a significant increase in both retailer and consumer interest in price-marked packs,” said head of brand marketing at Merrydown Amanda Grabham.
“Consumers appreciate the price being clearly displayed on the pack, and almost half of convenience shoppers say they are more likely to buy a product on impulse when it is price-marked.”
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research