UK: SHS Group targets impulse market with Merrydown price drop
Click through to view the price-marked Merrydown bottles
SHS Group has launched its Merrydown brand in price-marked 75cl glass bottles to take advantage of impulse buys.
The cider will cost GBP2.49 (US$3.87) in off-trade and wholesale outlets compared to its regular GBP2.55 price tag, SHS said yesterday (23 July). The promotion starts next month and will end in December or when stocks run out, the Northern Irish company said.
Price-marked six-packs will also be available for GBP9.35 (US$14.50) excluding VAT from wholesalers and cash-and-carry stockists.
“There’s been a significant increase in both retailer and consumer interest in price-marked packs,” said head of brand marketing at Merrydown Amanda Grabham.
“Consumers appreciate the price being clearly displayed on the pack, and almost half of convenience shoppers say they are more likely to buy a product on impulse when it is price-marked.”
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Ten ways to successfully target older consumers
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Heineken's YTD performance by region - Focus
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD results - Preview
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends