Product Launch - UK: SHS Drinks' WKD Brazilian
Click through to view SHS Drinks' WKD Brazilian
SHS Drinks' WKD Brazilian
Category - RTD, 4% abv
Available - From next month
Location - UK, in both on- and off-trade
Price - In off-trade, RRP of GBP1.39 (US$2.30) per 27.5cl bottle, GBP3.20 per 70cl bottle
Distribution - SHS Sales & Marketing
SHS Drinks is targeting growing interest for all things Brazilian in the UK, with the launch of a brand extension for its WKD RTD brand. WKD Brazilian will be available in the country from January until September next year, and will be backed by social media activity, consumer sampling and a launch price promotion of GBP5 for two 70cl bottles in the off-trade.
SHS Drinks is owned by SHS Group. The company also owns the Merrydown Dry Cider and Shloer CSD brands.
Brazil hosts the FIFA World Cup soccer tournament in June and July next year.
WKD, Britain’s leading RTD brand, has unveiled an exciting new addition to its portfolio: WKD Brazilian - an exotic new Limited Edition for 2014 which takes its inspiration from Brazil, exuding the party atmosphere of the world-famous Rio de Janeiro carnival and the lively Copacabana beach night scene.
Billed as a ‘party in a bottle’, WKD Brazilian has been positively received in consumer research groups. Available from January in 275ml and 70 cl multi-serve bottles, the new line will retail at the same price as the other six variants in the WKD range - £1.39 and £3.20, respectively.
The launch is being supported via a heavyweight digital media campaign; extensive consumer sampling activity; launch/introductory price promotions; and tailormade activity. The new line will also benefit from the halo effect of the support for the WKD brand.
Debs Carter, WKD Marketing Director at SHS Drinks, says: “Brazil and all things Brazilian are very much of the moment as we head into 2014 – Lonely Plant has recently tipped Brazil as the top visitor destination for next year and the country will certainly be the focal point for all footie fans when the World Cup gets underway next summer.
“Brazil also is renowned for its vibrant night and street life, especially at carnival time, and WKD Brazilian aims to capture this exotic party spirit in a bottle. With the spotlight being on Brazil next year, it’s the perfect timing to introduce this topical WKD Limited Edition – an innovation which will bring excitement and a new dimension to the RTD category.”
Original source: Company Release
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages