Product Launch - UK: SHS Drinks' Orwell's cider
Orwell's follows on from SHS's Dead Crow "spirit-beers"
SHS Drinks' Orwell's cider
Category - Cider, amaretto-flavoured, 5.5% abv
Available - From next month
Location - UK, on- and off-trade
Price - SRP of GBP1.89 (US$3.18) in off-trade and GBP3.80 in on-trade per 33cl bottle
Distribution - SHS Sales & Marketing
SHS Drinks is launching an amaretto-flavoured cider in the UK as it seeks to “stretch” the category to include spirits.
Orwell’s, which will launch next month, follows SHS innovations in the so-called “spirit-beer” category, the rum and Bourbon flavoured Dead Crow labels. “(Orwell's) demonstrates that there is still plenty of stretch within the cider category to accommodate this new spirit-cider sector, which brings together two categories that are both credible and highly motivating for consumers,” said Mark Hopper, SHS' head of innovation & development.
To read an exclusive just-drinks comment on spirit-beer in the UK, and similar “near-beer” products in the US, click here.
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range