UK: SHS Drinks completes Merrydown redesign
SHS launched new Merrydown labels last year
UK firm SHS Drinks has overhauled the packaging for two of its Merrydown cider labels to bring the brand's portfolio in line with new products released last year.
Merrydown Vintage Dry and Medium 7.5% abv 75cl glass bottles will feature the new look from this spring, SHS said today (2 May). Merrydown Medium 6% abv cider will also launch in a 44cl-can four-pack featuring the new livery, while the Merrydown Vintage Dry and Medium 7.5% abv can four-packs will be discontinued.
The main feature of the new design is a logo that shows a dancing fox playing an apple core-shaped fiddle.
Debs Carter, marketing director for alcohol at SHS Drinks, said: “The new lines and pack designs have had such a big impact, and we’ve had such a positive reaction from the trade and consumers that we’ve decided to align the range.”
SHS said distribution of the new 50cl bottles has trebled since the start of the year.
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part II: Beer & Cider
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018