UK: Shloer preparing for festive onslaught
Sparkling juice drink Shloer is lining up products and promotions geared for Christmas after good sales returns during last year's festive period.
The UK soft drinks firm, which was bought by the SHS Group last year, said yesterday (12 October) that it will offer three mixes this winter, including Red Grape, Elderberry & Clove, Bucks Fizz, and Orange, White Grape & Blood Orange.
In addition, a PR campaign will target Christmas and party-themed pages in women's national consumer media, and a TV advertisement will screen from 20 November.
Shloer managing director Mike Coppard said: "We have had a very successful year so far and are looking forward to Christmas and seeing our fantastic advert on TV screens again. With the range of cocktails we've developed, Shloer Bucks Fizz and the welcome return of our limited edition Red Grape, Elderberry & Clove, we are confident we will encourage our customers to try something new during the festive season. Christmas is traditionally our busiest time, and we expect this year's will be even better than the last."
Shloer is sold at UK supermarkets, retailing at around GBP1.99 (US$3.7m) per litre bottle, or GBP1.99 for 75cl Shloer Bucks Fizz.
Last December, the company sold 7.1m units.
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK