USA: Shiner Bock Heads for the West Coast
In response to popular demand, Shiner Bock, the country's number-one selling Bock beer, has come to California. Shiner Bock's California entry means the brand is available coast-to-coast throughout the southern half of the United States. Shiner Bock made its blockbuster California debut this March in Los Angeles, San Diego and Orange County and will soon expand into Northern California. The brand's California entry was brought about by the groundswell of popular demand for Shiner Bock. The Spoetzl Brewery has received thousands of e-mails and letters -- both from transplanted Texans longing for a taste of home and Californians familiar with Shiner Bock's reputation -- all asking for the beer to be made available in the Golden State. Californians who e-mailed the brewery asking for Shiner Bock will receive information about their favorite beer through a year-long e-mail campaign. They can also win a free t-shirt by spreading the news to 10 of their friends and encouraging them to sign up for the Shiner e-mail newsletter. "Shiner Bock is the most popular Bock beer in the country, so it's no surprise that California consumers have been clamoring for us to make the beer available in their state," said Shiner brand manager Gary Hudman. "We've heard all the requests, and we're pleased to be able to satisfy them. With so much grassroots support, we're sure Shiner Bock will be a big hit in California." Shiner Bock is now available at hundreds of retail locations throughout Southern California and is on tap at many bars and restaurants in the area. For more information on where to find Shiner Bock in Southern California, consumers can visit
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends