Sherry sector secures first '.wine' domain name
The Sherry council's website utilises the '.wine' domain
The trade association for the Sherry category has secured the use of the '.wine' domain name for its recently-relaunched website.
Consejo Regulador Jerez-Xeres-Sherry announced earlier today that its online presence, which was given a revamp in September, will utilise .wine from today. The step makes the Jerez Designation of Origin the first of its - or any brand's - kind to use the domain.
"This year has been marked by a number of major events and projects for Sherry wines, (including) the 80th anniversary of the Jerez DO in March," said the Consejo Regulador today.
Council GM Cesar Saldaña added: "The new website domain sherry.wine offers a perfect synergy with the recent rebranding of the Sherry Wines website. It makes sense to finish the year with yet more innovation, as the first wine region to use the .wine domain."
Consumer-focused www.sherry.wine is available in Spanish, English, Dutch and German, and replaces the sherry.org web address.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Baijius brand value overtakes whisk(e)y - figures
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research