UK: Shepherd Neame sees H1 earnings rise
Shepherd Neame has reported a 7% rise in underlying profits for the first half of its financial year.
The UK regional brewer and pub group said yesterday (27 March) that operating profit before exceptionals rose by 7.2% to GBP6.8m (US$13.3m). For the six months to 30 December, turnover rose 3.5% to GBP50.6m.
Chief executive Jonathan Neame said: "Shepherd Neame has delivered another strong result. We are confident that trading will continue to show similar progress in the second half."
Shepherd Neame said that the decision to upgrade its IT hardware had cost it GBP1.2m and added that it expects to incur further charges during the second of the financial year.
Beer volumes rose by 3.4% due to growth from Shepherd Neame's core brands and Japanese beer Asahi, which the Kent-based company brews under licence for the UK market.
Sales from the company's managed pub business rose 4.8%. From its tenanted estate, sales were up 6.1%, Shepherd Neame said.
Japan has led the way in functional drinks and as market maturity and demographics have slowed sales, manufacturers have continued to innovate imaginatively. Jeanette Bengtsson, soft drinks manager at...
Domestic beer and beer-like drink shipments in Japan registered a slight rise last month, according to recent statistics....
Bacardi Martini has dropped its South Korean distributor and decided to go it alone in the country, just-drinks understands....
SABMiller is set to make its first foray into the Japanese market....
Asahi Breweries has warned that sales this year will be lower than initially forecast....
Japanese brewers Sapporo, Asahi, Kirin, Suntory and Orion have shown a second straight month of year-on-year decreases in beer shipments, according to reports....
Kirin Brewery Co has posted a healthy lift in Q1 sales....
A survey of the top brewers in Japan has shown total beer and quasi-beer shipments were flat in the first three months of this year....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Editor's Viewpoint – What I've Learnt About Chile
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Anheuser-Busch to cut 60 bottling jobs
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages