UK: Shepherd Neame launches Ashes campaign
UK brewer Shepherd Neame has launched a campaign of cricket adverts for its Spitfire Premium Kentish Ale brand, in the midst of a torrid start to the Ashes series for the England team in Australia.
Shepherd described the series of adverts as "witty" and "tongue-and-cheek", playing on the international rivalry already in place.
The Australian cricket team has won the first two tests of the five game series, in Brisbane and Adelaide, putting them in a good position to regain the Ashes.
Using wartime references, the Spitfire ads use straplines including 'Missing in Action' and 'Who do you think you are kidding Mr Ponting? (If you think old England's done)'.
Sales and marketing director, Graeme Craig, said: "Spitfire enjoys a long-standing association with first class cricket and the Ashes are one of the most anticipated events of the sporting calendar.
"These tailor-made strips follow the success of previous adverts for the Boat Race, Grand National, London Marathon and the World Cup and are part of our ongoing investment in the Spitfire brand."
The adverts will feature on the sports pages of London newspaper the Evening Standard throughout the Ashes campaign.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Concha y Toro's Q2 by region, brand - Focus
- A step forward in alcohol research? ISFAR 191
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Beam Suntory's Bowmore 10 Year Old - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages