UK: Shepherd launches Original Porter in on-trade
Shepherd Neame's Original Porter will become available on draught from the beginning of December and sold in UK pubs and bars until February.
The UK brewer and pub group said yesterday (27 November) that Original Porter has an underlying liquorice note and fruity spiciness and aroma, delivered by Target and Goldings hops grown in Kent.
Last month (5 October), Shepherd posted its 31st consecutive year of profit growth, with pre-tax profit for the 12 months rising by 13.9% year-on-year to GBP11.2m (US$21.78m).
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts