UK: Shepherd launches Original Porter in on-trade
Shepherd Neame's Original Porter will become available on draught from the beginning of December and sold in UK pubs and bars until February.
The UK brewer and pub group said yesterday (27 November) that Original Porter has an underlying liquorice note and fruity spiciness and aroma, delivered by Target and Goldings hops grown in Kent.
Last month (5 October), Shepherd posted its 31st consecutive year of profit growth, with pre-tax profit for the 12 months rising by 13.9% year-on-year to GBP11.2m (US$21.78m).
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015