UK: Shepherd launches Original Porter in on-trade
Shepherd Neame's Original Porter will become available on draught from the beginning of December and sold in UK pubs and bars until February.
The UK brewer and pub group said yesterday (27 November) that Original Porter has an underlying liquorice note and fruity spiciness and aroma, delivered by Target and Goldings hops grown in Kent.
Last month (5 October), Shepherd posted its 31st consecutive year of profit growth, with pre-tax profit for the 12 months rising by 13.9% year-on-year to GBP11.2m (US$21.78m).
Sectors: Beer & cider
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- The Beer Engine that is Africa
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review