INDIA: Shaw Wallace to distribute Kyndal's Scotches - reports
Indian drinks company Shaw Wallace is to start selling Scotch whiskey producer Kyndal's brands in India by June, a senior Shaw Wallace official is quoted as saying in press reports today.
The two drinks companies announced a marketing alliance late last year in India to drive sales of Kyndal brands, such as Whyte & Mackay, in India. Conversely Kyndal will help sell Shaw Wallace brands abroad.
"We will start marketing the Kyndal brands in the first quarter of the next financial year [April to June]," Shaw Wallace vice president for liquor marketing N.P. Thirukode told Reuters.
Thirukode said Kyndal was likely to start selling Shaw Wallace's brands overseas "shortly", but did not elaborate.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts