India: Shaw Wallace hunts foreign ally for brewing arm
Shaw Wallace, the Indian drinks company which recently tied a deal with spirits company Kyndal International to market international spirits brands in India, is looking for a similar deal for its brewing arm. Indian press reports said this week that the Indian beverage business is looking for a foreign partner to help it launch major beer labels in India as well as take its own brands to export markets. Although chairman Manu Chhabria said the alliance would be similar to the Kyndal tie-up, where equity in neither business changed hands, in this case the potential to offer a share in Shaw Wallace was not ruled out.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Sustainability in Wine - Part II
- just the Ten - Top Analyses of 2014
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Coca-Cola Co promotes CEO's assistant to sales job
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018