AUSTRALIA: Share movement relights Foster's takeover rumours
However analysts played down the rumours saying the 28.7m share trade was the result of portfolio readjustments by institutional investors.
Foster's was up A$0.09 to close at A$4.81. On 14 May 2002, the stock was worth $A4.63. Broker, Morgan Stanley, alone bought more than 20 million shares.
The US consumer goods group Fortune Brands has confirmed it is in talks about launching a joint bid with Pernod Ricard for Allied Domecq....
Diageo is to launch a new global advertising campaign for Smirnoff Ice. The first ad in the global campaign, 'Garden', launches in Great Britain on April 11th on terrestrial and satellite TV. ...
Fideuram Wargny has upgraded its rating of Pernod Ricard to 'buy' from 'hold'. Its analysts argue that the merger talks with Allied Domecq is a catalyst for share growth....
Diageo has completed another share buyback transaction....
Foster's Group has extended its Southcorp takeover offer for a third time....
Diageo's Smirnoff Signatures line of premixed cocktails is now available nationwide in the US....
Diageo is poised to cut back its presence in Germany, according to local reports....
Spanish winery Bodegas Faustino Martinez is to invest €50m to expand its manufacturing facilities and promote its Ribera del Duero and La Mancha original labels, local newspaper El Correo reported....
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Treasury Wine Estates: Here I Go Again On My Own
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- NPD: The Craft Cocktail Revolution
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Anheuser-Busch InBev appoints new AmBev CEO
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- Suntory Holdings to split beer, spirits division
- Quintessential Brands changes MD at Essential unit