UK: SH Jones expands online presence with Slurp buy
SH Jones Wine has acquired Slurp.co.uk for an undisclosed fee, its second purchase of an online drinks retailer this year.
The acquisition, announced at the weekend, is a “marriage of old- and new-style forms of wine retailing”, SH Jones said. The family-owned firm acquired online seller Hawkshead Wines in January.
“Hawkshead Wines has an outstanding reputation for customer service and combining this with Slurp’s innovative and extensive range, we believe that SH Jones will become one of the country’s leading internet retailers,” SH Jones commercial director, and former Hawkshead owner, Greg Shaw said.
Slurp was founded in 2004 and has about 6,000 wines on its list, SH Jones said.
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Amazon adds alcohol to one-hour delivery service
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research