UK: SH Jones expands online presence with Slurp buy
SH Jones Wine has acquired Slurp.co.uk for an undisclosed fee, its second purchase of an online drinks retailer this year.
The acquisition, announced at the weekend, is a “marriage of old- and new-style forms of wine retailing”, SH Jones said. The family-owned firm acquired online seller Hawkshead Wines in January.
“Hawkshead Wines has an outstanding reputation for customer service and combining this with Slurp’s innovative and extensive range, we believe that SH Jones will become one of the country’s leading internet retailers,” SH Jones commercial director, and former Hawkshead owner, Greg Shaw said.
Slurp was founded in 2004 and has about 6,000 wines on its list, SH Jones said.
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- What's in store for Super Bowl 5 - Focus
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- Moet Hennessy sees China rebound in strong FY
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research