UK: SH Jones expands online presence with Slurp buy
SH Jones Wine has acquired Slurp.co.uk for an undisclosed fee, its second purchase of an online drinks retailer this year.
The acquisition, announced at the weekend, is a “marriage of old- and new-style forms of wine retailing”, SH Jones said. The family-owned firm acquired online seller Hawkshead Wines in January.
“Hawkshead Wines has an outstanding reputation for customer service and combining this with Slurp’s innovative and extensive range, we believe that SH Jones will become one of the country’s leading internet retailers,” SH Jones commercial director, and former Hawkshead owner, Greg Shaw said.
Slurp was founded in 2004 and has about 6,000 wines on its list, SH Jones said.
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Coca-Cola to get boost from Monster in China
- CCE shows faith in Coca-Cola Life with full launch
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- United Spirits bids for distribution deal approval
- Gruppo Campari US unit head steps down
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018