UK: SH Jones expands online presence with Slurp buy
SH Jones Wine has acquired Slurp.co.uk for an undisclosed fee, its second purchase of an online drinks retailer this year.
The acquisition, announced at the weekend, is a “marriage of old- and new-style forms of wine retailing”, SH Jones said. The family-owned firm acquired online seller Hawkshead Wines in January.
“Hawkshead Wines has an outstanding reputation for customer service and combining this with Slurp’s innovative and extensive range, we believe that SH Jones will become one of the country’s leading internet retailers,” SH Jones commercial director, and former Hawkshead owner, Greg Shaw said.
Slurp was founded in 2004 and has about 6,000 wines on its list, SH Jones said.
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Scotch Whisky Top 20 Export Markets 2014
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Heineken to cut jobs in global shake-up
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- Bacardi Brown-Forman here to stay
- Moet Hennessy sells Scotch Malt Whisky Society
- Carlsberg takes on Stella Artois in new campaign
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Heineken N.V. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly