FINLAND: Servaali maintains Heineken link
Finnish distributor Servaali has insisted that its partnership with Heineken in the Scandinavian country will continue with a deal to handle the brands including Murphy's and Buckler.
Servaali lost the distribution rights to the Heineken brand this week when the Dutch brewing giant signed a deal with Finnish brewer and soft drinks group Olvi.
However, Servaali's managing director Teemu Lahto told just-drinks that due to "strategic reasons" the company could not agree on the "future goals" of the Heineken brand.
However, Servaali product manager Katri Karvonen added: "It was natural to draw a new long-term contract with our partner Heineken concerning other considerable Heineken owned brands. With great enthusiasm we will strive to further develop the future of these brands in the Finnish market."
Earlier this year, Belgian brewing giant InBev signed a distribution deal for global flagship brand Beck's in Finland. Servaali already distributes a number of InBev brands in neighbouring Estonia.
Servaali is one of the largest privately-owned importers of alcoholic beverages in Finland and is clear market leader in the imported premium beer segment. The company has nationwide distribution across Finland.
InBev has hailed its deal with Anheuser-Busch in the US as an opportunity to increase the presence of its brands across the country. The two brewers yesterday (30 November) announced that A-B will bec...
The announcement late last night that Anheuser-Busch is to be InBev's exclusive distributor in the US looks like a great deal for the Europe-based brewer....
The judge in Heineken's court case with its partners in Singapore has dismissed the Netherlands-based brewer's summons....
KBC Securities has said in a note to investors that it downgraded the Belgium-based brewer InBev's stock as it has surpassed the brokerage's price target of EUR49, which could make the chances of furt...
Anheuser-Busch is teaming up with arch-rival Inbev in the US....
Orangina Schweppes has appointed Hughes Pietrini as marketing director....
Brau Holding International is targeting a 15% increase in earnings before interest and tax this year....
Carlsberg is keen to up its presence in the east of China, but has stopped short of naming targets....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- This week in wine & spirits on just-drinks
- Spirits volumes slide in Global Travel Retail
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages