US: Serrallés USA recruits regional sales managers for Don Q
The US arm of Destilería Serrallé has boosted the sales presence for its Don Q Puerto Rican rum brand in the country.
Serrallés USA, which handles the importing of the Don Q portfolio from Puerto Rico, confirmed late last week that Tom Conte, who handles the Atlantic region, will also be charged with directing on-premise national accounts actions.
Over in the west of the US, Serrallés USA is bringing in D’Shawn Kerrins as western regional sales manager. Kerrins has previously worked for Frederick Wildman & Sons and Southern Wine & Spirits’ chain division. Carl Russo, meanwhile, will fill the role of south-west regional sales manager, having held sales positions at Ascentia Wines, Diageo, and Paterno & Sons.
Finally, Rob Ortiz, who has worked for Nolet Spirits and Canandaigua Wine Co, comes on-board as north-east regional sales manager.
Last year, Republic National Distributing Company was taken on to handle distribution throughout the south-east and Rocky Mountain west areas of the US. A year earlier, Serrallés signed a deal with Glazer's to distribute Don Q in the mid-west region.
Serrallés USA is headquartered in Stamford, CT.
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Can fruit cider survive UK slowdown? - Focus
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part II
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends