S AFRICA: Senior UK appointment for Omnia
Omnia Wines intends developing its portfolio in the UK and US with the appointment of Jeremy Borg as business development manager. Borg will be charged with elevating Arniston Bay into the top 10 wine brands in the UK.
Borg will be based at Omnia's UK offices at Maidenhead from 1 August.
South African by birth, he has learnt the wine trade in California, the UK and has also had a spell with Fairview and other leading wineries in South Africa. He has been working as a marketing consultant in South Africa for the past 15 months and was assisting among others, Stellenbosch Vineyards, before it joined forces with Vinfruco to form Omnia Wines in December last year.
Among the other brands Borg will be marketing include Kumkani, Versus, Welmoed and the world's first fairtrade brand, Thandi.
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Focus - Heineken's H1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Carlsberg's Q2 & H1
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Bacardi sees North America president step down
- Constellation recalls Corona over glass threat