ITALY: Senior personnel changes at Martini e Rossi
Italian spirits company Martini e Rossi has appointed a new chairman and a new CEO.
The Italian spirits company, which is owned by Bacardi, said yesterday (13 September) that Maurizio Cibrario will become chairman, while Stefano Leonangeli will assume the position of CEO.
Cibrario moves up from his previous role as deputy chairman, while Leonangeli gives up the general manager position.
As well as approving the personnel changes, a shareholders' meeting earlier this week approved the company's figures for the first quarter of this year. Net profit for the three-month period came in at EUR17.1m (US$21.7m) on the back of sales totalling EUR293.6m. Comparable figures for a year earlier were not disclosed.
The vodka sector's capacity for growth, particularly in the US, appears unbounded, and the big spirits players are all keen to gain full advantage. Major companies have recently swooped for the Svedka...
Bacardi is looking to take its bid for the Spanish rights to Havana Club rum to the country's Supreme Court....
Constellation Brands appears to have backed out of the race to buy Absolut vodka....
An appeals court in Spain has thrown out a bid from Bacardi to claim the local trademark rights to Havana Club rum....
Bacardi has publicly registered its interest in buying V&S Group, the owner of Absolut vodka....
Spirits giant Bacardi is to stop manufacturing in the UK due to a slump in demand for RTDs. Bacardi-Martini, the company's UK arm, will cease production at its Southampton site later this year in a mo...
Bacardi has strengthened its global travel retail division in the Americas with two new appointments....
US spirits group Sidney Frank Importing Co. is set to launch an assault on the US rum market with an "ultra-premium" offering from Barbados....
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends