RUSSIA: Senior appointments at Wimm-Bill Dann
Wimm-Bill-Dann Foods has appointed two senior directors for its beverage department.
The Russian dairy product and drinks group said yesterday (16 August) that Silviu Popvici will become head of beverages on 1 September, while appointing Leonid Yushin as the commercial director of beverages with immediate effect.
Wimm-Bill-Dann said the appointments are the first of several management changes expected to take place in the beverages segment in the coming months.
Popovici joins the company from Coca-Cola HBC, where he has spent the last two-and-a-half years as country manager in Ukraine. Yushin was previously with Russian juice maker Lebedyansky where he most recently served as central division director for Moscow, St Petersburg and the central and north-west regions of the country.
"Having worked closely with Silviu firsthand in the past, I know him to be a skilled manager and leader with a proven track record in managing complex beverage businesses in Russia and other rapidly evolving markets," said Tony Maher, Wimm-Bill-Dann's CEO.
Founded in 1992, Wimm-Bill-Dann owns 30 manufacturing sites in Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS), as well as trade affiliates in 26 cities in Russia and the CIS.
Coca-Cola HBC is looking to make further acquisitions in the water and juice categories in Europe, its managing director said today (14 February)....
Coca-Cola HBC today (14 February) posted a 13% jump in full-year profits for 2006 thanks to rising volumes across most of its territories....
Coca-Cola HBC is "exploring" the idea of producing the traditional Russian bread drink kvas....
Coca-Cola HBC (CCHBC) is to invest EUR12.5m (US$16.2m) on building a plant on the Greek island of Crete....
Coca-Cola HBC has reported a 13% rise in operating profit for the third quarter of the year, boosted by an acquisition in Italy and marketing investment in Eastern Europe....
Coca-Cola HBC is to axe 90 jobs in Bulgaria as it restructures its local business ahead of the country's potential accession to the EU next year....
Coca-Cola HBC is planning to build a plant in Northern Ireland in the next stage of its restructuring on both sides of the Irish border....
Strong volume growth in emerging markets and the football World Cup have combined to drive first-half earnings at Coca-Cola HBC....
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- This week in spirits & wine
- Luxury rum heads for slowdown as US growth stalls
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts