US: Senior appointments at Vintage Wine Trust
Vintage Wine Trust (VWT) has announced additions to its senior management team. The company said yesterday (16 May) that Walter Klenz will join the board of directors and Andrew Bledsoe will also join VWT.
Klenz served as president and chief executive officer of Beringer Wine Estates Holdings, Inc. from 1990 to 2000 and as managing director of Beringer Blass Wine Estates from 2001 to 2004. He is a past chairman of the California Wine Institute and past president of the Napa Valley Vintners Association.
Bledsoe, VWT's senior vice president of asset management, served in various positions at the Robert Mondavi Corporation and its affiliates, including as a research viticulturist, director of research & quality enhancement, director of grower relations and research, and ultimately as vice president, winegrowing.
"We are very pleased with the addition of Walt to our board and Andy to our management team," said VWT's CEO Joe Ciatti. "Both add significant value to our strategic vision of the role VWT plays in the wine industry."
Vintage Wine Trust, headquartered in San Rafael, California is the first REIT in the US to focus solely on the wine grape industry. VWT owns wine grape vineyards, and intends to acquire additional vineyards and other real estate assets related to the wine industry that are, and will be net leased to branded wineries, bulk wine producers and independent grape growers primarily in the State of California, but also in other wine grape growing areas in the US and Canada.
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review