US: Senior appointment at Allied Domecq
Allied Domecq Spirits, North America has appointed a new president for its Northern business unit. Tom Steffanci will assume the position from 4 January next year, replacing Keith Bellinger, who will be leaving the company at the end of the year to pursue other interests.
Steffanci joins the Allied Domecq Spirits, North America executive team from Diageo, where he was senior vice-president and general manager, California, Diageo's largest business unit.
Steffanci held several senior positions with Diageo, where he had been employed since 1997, including vice-president of sales, West IMC, and national director of sales, off-premise for Diageo's beer business. Before joining Diageo, Steffanci worked for Coors Brewing Company in various sales and marketing positions.
Steffanci will report to Jim Clerkin, president, Allied Domecq Spirits, North America.
In a statement, Jim Clerkin, president of Allied Domecq Spirits, North America, said: "Allied Domecq is delighted to attract such top talent, and Tom's expertise in customer management, marketing and sales will enable the company to fulfill its vision of being the 'First Choice Supplier' with our customers, consumers and employees.
"Our Northern Business Unit is performing well, and I am confident Tom will seize this opportunity to lead the team to even greater brand growth across the portfolio."
The Allied Domecq Spirits, North America Northern Business Unit is comprised of open states in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and across the Mid- and Northwest region of the US.
Diageo is looking to change the image of one of its flagship brands in Colombia....
The US consumer goods group Fortune Brands has confirmed it is in talks about launching a joint bid with Pernod Ricard for Allied Domecq....
Diageo is to launch a new global advertising campaign for Smirnoff Ice. The first ad in the global campaign, 'Garden', launches in Great Britain on April 11th on terrestrial and satellite TV. ...
Fideuram Wargny has upgraded its rating of Pernod Ricard to 'buy' from 'hold'. Its analysts argue that the merger talks with Allied Domecq is a catalyst for share growth....
Diageo has completed another share buyback transaction....
Fortune Brands has started making moves to acquire in the European drinks industry, according to press reports....
E&J Gallo has announced a number of appointments within its European division....
Diageo's Smirnoff Signatures line of premixed cocktails is now available nationwide in the US....
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?