US: Second Castle Brands CFO quits
Castle Brands has lost its second finance chief in under five months.
The US-based spirits company said yesterday (20 March) that Herbert Roberts, who has held the position of CFO for three months, has resigned for personal reasons. Roberts' departure follows the resignation of Matthew MacFarlane from the position at the end of October last year.
"No business, competitive or financial issues regarding the company played a role in Mr. Roberts' decision," Castle said. Company president and COO Keith Bellinger will resume responsibilities as principal financial officer while a permanent CFO is recruited.
Last month, Castle saw quarterly losses inch up on the back of increased marketing costs. The company, which sells brands including Boru vodka and Gosling's rum, posted a net loss of US$3.7m for its third quarter to 31 December. The result follows losses of US$3.6m a year earlier.
Separately, Castle also said yesterday that Donald Marsh has come on board as a senior consultant to advise and support the management team on financial and operational matters. Marsh was previously CFO at Commonwealth Industries, a publicly-traded metals company.
Prior to the appointment of a permanent CFO, Marsh will "assist the management team of Castle Brands in the management and execution of finance-related matters", Castle said.
"Although only with us briefly, Herb made an impact in the time he was here and we thank him for his contribution," said Castle CEO Mark Andrews. "We are fortunate to have a very talented management team in place."
The Indian spirits sector has undoubted growth potential, on the back of a growing economy, an expanding middle class and rising disposable income but international companies face many obstacles as th...
Pernod Ricard has remained silent on local reports suggesting a Russian oligarch may be looking at buying Russian vodka brand Stolichnaya....
Gruppo Campari has posted an increase in its results for the first half of this year....
Pernod Ricard USA will introduce a host of special value-added packs for its brands in the US for the coming holiday season....
Vin & Sprit has unveiled a disco-themed extension for its Absolut vodka brand....
Malibu-Kahlúa International has appointed a new CEO and president....
Castle Brands has teamed up with Britvic in the Republic of Ireland to distribute its flagship spirit, Boru Vodka....
Perfect Renaissance, the Israeli manufacturer of Vodka Perfect, is expanding its business and, for the first time, will export its kosher vodka to France....
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- Analysis - Will Diageo call time on wine?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- Comment - Will the Sweetener Battle turn Sour?
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- NPD: Bacardi's Bacardi Carta Fuego
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- Coca-Cola Co promotes North America chief
- Bacardi widens Craigellachie footprint to Asia
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo Plc in Wine (World)
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets