FRANCE: Seagram's Spirits and Wines Business Sold to Diageo and Pernod Ricard
Vivendi Universal has entered into an agreement for the sale of Seagram's spirits and wine business to Diageo and Pernod Ricard for $8,150 billion, subject to regulatory approvals. Net proceeds after taxes are expected to be approximately $7,7 billion. This is $1,3 billion over and above the objective Vivendi Universal had set to wipe out Seagram's net debt of $6.4 billion (as of September 30, 2000), excluding ACES (Adjustable Conversion-rate Equity Security units) of which the dilutive impact had already been taken into account.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA head - part II
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo reveals US$400m Tequila investment
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Beam Suntory strikes new Baltics tie-up
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research