CANADA: Seagram warehouse target of $1m heist
Authorities in Montreal have been baffled by a recent heist at a Seagram spirits
warehouse, where over C$1.4m ($933,333) worth of alcohol was stolen.
The thieves loaded five tractor-trailers full of spirits and drove four of them away. The remaining trailer was left at the warehouse, in the west of the city, reported the Montreal Gazette.
Local police believe four or five men carried out the audacious robbery late in the evening.
One of the bandits was armed and threatened a 24-year-old security guard on duty that night. The guard was tied up and taken to a back storage room in the warehouse. Police estimate the thieves were on the scene for roughly three-and-a-half-hours.
The Montreal Urban Police said the gang was "well organised" but could not determine whether they were linked to any organised crime rings and said that the spirits could be released slowly onto the black-market, with the group waiting for a period of high demand.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Brasserie Kronenbourg has clarified earlier reports about its entry into the low alcohol beer sector in France....
Costs relating to alcohol abuse in Sweden are on the rise, according to research out this week....
Police in eastern Kenya have said that at least 24 people died on Saturday after drinking illegally produced alcohol....
According to a recently published study, people who drink alcohol may have a lower risk of developing a type of cancer which affects the lymphatic system known as non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL)....
Diageo is calling for facts labels to be placed on alcohol beverages in the US....
Kenyan authorities are to ban beer and spirits advertising from television and billboards in the country, according to a local report late last week....
Post-menopausal women who consume even moderate amounts of alcohol may face an increased risk of breast cancer, according to a comprehensive US study....
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- A-B InBev in China - just the Facts
- Diageo readies "not quite as sincere" Scotch
- Craft more about stories than M&A for Diageo
- The Glenlivet leapfrogs Glenfiddich
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Vodka Market 2015-2019