USA: Seagram spirits receives at least two bids - sources
Two bids, at least, were submitted yesterday for the spirits and wine business of Seagram according to sources close to the deal, it was reported in today's Wall Street Journal. And yet despite the progress in the auction it appears that the bidding for the business is likely to be extended into another round. The delay in a final decision may complicate matters, because with Vivendi's purchase of the Seagram business complete the French company may take a more active role in proceedings.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range