UK: Seagram sale completed
Pernod Ricard now owns the premium scotch Chivas Regal, The Glenlivet malt, Martell cognac, and Seagram's Gin in addition to large number of brands and networks across all continents.
Patrick Ricard, Chairman and CEO of Pernod Ricard said "This represents a key step towards the refocusing on our core business, spirits and wine. Our market share has doubled in size following this acquisition."
Diageo meanwhile is paying US$5 billion for brands that include Captain Morgan and Crown Royal Canadian whisky, although ownership of Captain Morgan is being disputed by Allied Domecq. Pernod is paying US$3.15 billion for its share.
Diageo said: "At that time we announced that we expected to close the deal within a matter of days and Diageo is pleased that it has been able to achieve this."
Diageo Chief Executive Paul Walsh said: "We are delighted with this news as it further underlines Diageo's position as the world's leading premium drinks business."
Diageo is to launch a new global advertising campaign for Smirnoff Ice. The first ad in the global campaign, 'Garden', launches in Great Britain on April 11th on terrestrial and satellite TV. ...
Pernod Ricard is looking to acquire Allied Domecq....
Allied Domecq and Pernod Ricard have both been downgraded....
Diageo has completed another share buyback transaction....
E&J Gallo has announced a number of appointments within its European division....
Diageo's Smirnoff Signatures line of premixed cocktails is now available nationwide in the US....
Diageo is poised to cut back its presence in Germany, according to local reports....
Diageo North America has poached a senior executive from General Motors....
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's H1 Performance by Brand
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"