COMMENT: Seagram loss still casts shadow over Allied
One analyst called Allied Domecq's results today "a tale of volume woe; pricing glee." The mixed reaction pretty much summed up the impressions of the city. While Allied beat market expectations by posting a rise in half year profits of 6%, it did so on the back of a fall in volumes of 3%. The US was the key to this fall in volumes where price rises affected volumes in key brands such as Sauza and Beefeater.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Analysis - SABMiller's Australian issues continue
- Focus - SABMiller's Q1 Performance by Region
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- PepsiCo find stability but Peltz concerns linger
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Sales, profits fall at Moet Hennessy in H1
- Champagne Nicolas Feuillatte appoints new CEO
- Molson Coors CEO to retire