COMMENT: Seagram loss still casts shadow over Allied
One analyst called Allied Domecq's results today "a tale of volume woe; pricing glee." The mixed reaction pretty much summed up the impressions of the city. While Allied beat market expectations by posting a rise in half year profits of 6%, it did so on the back of a fall in volumes of 3%. The US was the key to this fall in volumes where price rises affected volumes in key brands such as Sauza and Beefeater.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- The future for drinks industry's waste products
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- "We tried to make Bushmills hot" - Diageo CEO
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends