UK: Seagram executive hopes for sale decision by mid-November
The president and CEO of Seagram's spirits and wine group was in London this week to speak to Seagram's UK staff, and said he hoped to have news of a decision on the sale of its drinks arm by mid-November.Steven J Kalagher, was there to "motivate the staff about the business and to keep the business moving forward," according to a Seagram source.However he was also there to discuss the sale process and many of the press reports about the disposal of the drinks arm "some of which have been more true than others".According to the Seagram source, staff were told that, although it was early, on "Allied Domecq and Diageo/Pernod Ricard were among the frontrunners for the business", however the UK and Anglo/French concerns were not the only companies mentioned.Kalagher also said that Charles Bronfman, the Seagram family member, was unlikely to be bidding for the business, backing up press reports last week that said Bronfman had concluded that it doesn't make sense to pursue a bid for the business, noting the good fit the business has with the rival bidders.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- This week in spirits & wine
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Britvic's FY Performance by Region - Focus
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Brodir - NPD
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts