USA: Seagram Confirms It Is In Discussions, Following Approach By Vivendi And Canal Plus
The Seagram Company Ltd. (NYSE: VO) confirmed today that it is in discussions with Vivendi and Canal Plus to create a three-way strategic business combination. Vivendi and Canal Plus had approached it to explore the possibilities of a strategic combination.The discussions involve an exchange of Seagram shares for the stock of the combined entity. Discussions are not completed and there is no certainty that an agreement will be reached or a transaction consummated.Seagram added that it does not intend to update this announcement until a transaction is agreed to or negotiations are terminated.Note to Editors: The Seagram Company Ltd., headquartered in Montreal, operates in four global business segments: Music, Filmed Entertainment, Recreation, and Spirits and Wine. Universal Music Group, the world's largest recorded music company, produces and distributes recorded music throughout the world in all major genres, and it is engaged in music publishing. The Company's Filmed Entertainment business produces and distributes motion picture, television and home video products worldwide; operates and has ownership in a number of international cable channels; and engages in the licensing of merchandising rights and film property rights. The Recreation business operates theme parks. Other businesses include retail stores and the development of entertainment software. The Spirits and Wine business is engaged principally in the production and marketing of distilled spirits, wines, coolers, beers and mixers throughout more than 190 countries and territories. The Company's corporate website is located at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research