CANADA: Seagram Announces Record Fourth Quarter Earnings And Results For Fiscal Year 2000
The Seagram Company Ltd. (NYSE: VO) reported today that earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) increased 70 percent to $441 million on revenues of $3.7 billion in the Company's fiscal fourth quarter ended June 30, 2000. The increase in EBITDA results reflected improvement in all business units. Revenues for all business units rose 5 percent.For the fourth quarter, the Company reported operating income of $116 million, compared with an operating loss of $47 million last year.The Company reported a net loss of $128 million or $0.29 per basic share, compared with a net loss in the prior year of $129 million or $0.32 per basic share, excluding an additional gain on the 1998 USA Networks, Inc. transactions. Including this gain, the Company posted a net loss of $53 million or $0.13 per share last year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends