CANADA: Seagram Announces Record Fourth Quarter Earnings And Results For Fiscal Year 2000
The Seagram Company Ltd. (NYSE: VO) reported today that earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) increased 70 percent to $441 million on revenues of $3.7 billion in the Company's fiscal fourth quarter ended June 30, 2000. The increase in EBITDA results reflected improvement in all business units. Revenues for all business units rose 5 percent.For the fourth quarter, the Company reported operating income of $116 million, compared with an operating loss of $47 million last year.The Company reported a net loss of $128 million or $0.29 per basic share, compared with a net loss in the prior year of $129 million or $0.32 per basic share, excluding an additional gain on the 1998 USA Networks, Inc. transactions. Including this gain, the Company posted a net loss of $53 million or $0.13 per share last year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research