CANADA: Seagram Announces Record Fourth Quarter Earnings And Results For Fiscal Year 2000
The Seagram Company Ltd. (NYSE: VO) reported today that earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) increased 70 percent to $441 million on revenues of $3.7 billion in the Company's fiscal fourth quarter ended June 30, 2000. The increase in EBITDA results reflected improvement in all business units. Revenues for all business units rose 5 percent.For the fourth quarter, the Company reported operating income of $116 million, compared with an operating loss of $47 million last year.The Company reported a net loss of $128 million or $0.29 per basic share, compared with a net loss in the prior year of $129 million or $0.32 per basic share, excluding an additional gain on the 1998 USA Networks, Inc. transactions. Including this gain, the Company posted a net loss of $53 million or $0.13 per share last year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Analysis - SABMiller's Australian issues continue
- Focus - SABMiller's Q1 Performance by Region
- PepsiCo find stability but Peltz concerns linger
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Sales, profits fall at Moet Hennessy in H1
- Champagne Nicolas Feuillatte appoints new CEO
- Molson Coors CEO to retire