SOUTH AFRICA: Seagram and Bulmer try to reverse Distell merger
The Competition Tribunal has reserved judgement while it weighs up all the evidence put before it in the attempt by Seagram Africa and Bulmer SA to try and turn around the merger between Distillers' Corporation and Stellenbosch Farmers' Winery. Another group of players were allowed to enter the fray, namely the National Union of Food, Beverage and Allied Workers' Union, which was petitioning on behalf of employees, warning of major job losses.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts