SOUTH AFRICA: Seagram and Bulmer try to reverse Distell merger
The Competition Tribunal has reserved judgement while it weighs up all the evidence put before it in the attempt by Seagram Africa and Bulmer SA to try and turn around the merger between Distillers' Corporation and Stellenbosch Farmers' Winery. Another group of players were allowed to enter the fray, namely the National Union of Food, Beverage and Allied Workers' Union, which was petitioning on behalf of employees, warning of major job losses.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Wines of the Beautiful South Ups its Game
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Scottish leader speaks out over Scotch whisky
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk