UK: Scrumpy renews cricket deal
The English cider brand Scrumpy Jack has signed a deal which will secure its status as the 'Official Pint' of the England Cricket Team for a sixth consecutive season.
The Bulmers brand is renewing its association with the England team through the extension of a long-running partnership with the England & Wales Cricket Board (ECB), in a deal that spans this summer's Npower Test Series against New Zealand and the West Indies, the NatWest Series involving New Zealand and the West Indies and the NatWest Challenge versus India.
The agreement includes advertising signage at all Test matches and One Day Internationals this summer, match programme advertising, match tickets and merchandise autographed by the England team.
Graham Scobie, brand manager of Scrumpy Jack at Scottish Courage said: "Cider and cricket conjure up images of the great English summer and Scrumpy Jack's association with the England team is one of the most fitting partnerships in sport.
"Just as Scrumpy Jack is a product of the very best of English cidermaking , the England team represents the height of the nation's cricketing talent : we look forward to England cricket fans celebrating an exciting and successful summer with Scrumpy Jack."
Tim Lamb, ECB Chief Executive, said: " We are naturally delighted that Scrumpy Jack has renewed its partnership with the ECB. Scrumpy Jack has become synonymous with English cricket over the past few years and together we look forward to another exciting season."
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- just the Ten - Editor's Viewpoints of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod agrees Caribe Cooler sale to Grupo Bepensa
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Thailand pulls back from New Year alcohol ban