UK: Scrumpy renews cricket deal
The English cider brand Scrumpy Jack has signed a deal which will secure its status as the 'Official Pint' of the England Cricket Team for a sixth consecutive season.
The Bulmers brand is renewing its association with the England team through the extension of a long-running partnership with the England & Wales Cricket Board (ECB), in a deal that spans this summer's Npower Test Series against New Zealand and the West Indies, the NatWest Series involving New Zealand and the West Indies and the NatWest Challenge versus India.
The agreement includes advertising signage at all Test matches and One Day Internationals this summer, match programme advertising, match tickets and merchandise autographed by the England team.
Graham Scobie, brand manager of Scrumpy Jack at Scottish Courage said: "Cider and cricket conjure up images of the great English summer and Scrumpy Jack's association with the England team is one of the most fitting partnerships in sport.
"Just as Scrumpy Jack is a product of the very best of English cidermaking , the England team represents the height of the nation's cricketing talent : we look forward to England cricket fans celebrating an exciting and successful summer with Scrumpy Jack."
Tim Lamb, ECB Chief Executive, said: " We are naturally delighted that Scrumpy Jack has renewed its partnership with the ECB. Scrumpy Jack has become synonymous with English cricket over the past few years and together we look forward to another exciting season."
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Inver House Distillers posts FY profits leap
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research