UK: Screwcaps suffer from "rotten eggs" smell - study
Tests in the UK have reportedly shown that one in 50 bottles of wine sealed with screw caps could be ruined by sulphidisation. The UK-based International Wine Challenge event has tested tens of thousands of wines from around the world and found 2.2% of screw top bottles were affected by the problem, which leads to a smell of rotten eggs emanating from the bottle.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote
- Diageo ups Johnnie Walker Formula One presence
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal