UK: Scottish & Newcastle UK takes over Tiger Beer in UK
Asia Pacific Breweries has switched the importation, marketing and distribution of its Tiger Beer brand to Scottish & Newcastle UK in the country.
The company, a joint-venture between Heineken and Fraser & Neave, confirmed yesterday (12 January) that its subsidiary Tiger Export has handed the rights for Tiger Beer to S&N UK for the UK, excluding Northern Ireland, from 2 March.
The brand has previously been imported and distributed by Tiger Beer UK, a subsidiary of Tiger Export, set up in 2005.
When contacted by just-drinks, a spokesperson for APB said: "S&N's extensive distribution network in the country as well as marketing expertise and know-how will be invaluable in extending the positioning and presence of Tiger in the UK.
"It is opportune that both Tiger Export and S&N, who are now both related to the Heineken Group, have come together through this partnership."
Last year, Heineken teamed up with Carlsberg to acquire S&N for GBP7.8bn (US$15.34bn), with the Netherlands-based company subsequently taking over S&N's UK operations.
The premium lager market in the UK is set to contract going forward, according to a recent report....
SABMiller is unlikely to grow beer sales by volume in Europe this year, compared to previously predicted growth of up to 4%, the brewer's managing director for the region has said....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
SABMiller is to open a US$125m brewery and soft drinks factory in Angola this year, in the latest stage of the brewer's African expansion plan....
Leading Chilean wine firm Viña Concha y Toro has reported net sales up by almost a fifth in the first half of 2009....
Grande Vitae, a joint venture between the Racke Company and the Torrevento winery in Apulia, has appointed Enrico Frisone as European sales manager....
PepsiCo has created a new position within its research and development unit....
Castel, the French wine group, has signed a deal to acquire the Selles wine merchant, which operates in the Rhone Valley and Beaujolais regions....
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends