EUR: Scottish & Newcastle takeover deadline extended
The original deadline of midday today (24 January) has been extended by 24 hours until the same time tomorrow.
The 'Put up or Shut up' deadline, put in place by the UK Takeover Panel, was announced last month. Should Carlsberg and Heineken not make a formal bid for S&N before the deadline, then the European brewers would be exempt from making a move for a further six months.
The European consortium has reaffirmed its latest offer of GBP8.00 per share, and noted that it has completed due diligence on the UK brewer.
"The consortium (of Carlsberg and Heineken) has ... reached an agreement with the trustees of the UK pension fund and that its financing is fully committed," the two European companies said.
Late last year, Carlsberg announced a change at the top, with Jørgen Buhl Rasmussen replacing Nils Smedegaard Andersen as CEO. Ten months into his tenure, Rasmussen has rarely been out of the headline...
In the end, the fall of Anheuser-Busch to a sweetened bid from InBev has been far swifter than most commentators expected. And, after close to 150 years of proud independence, the King of Beers will h...
Scottish & Newcastle has confirmed Sarah Warby as marketing director, following the company's takeover by Heineken UK....
Heineken has appointed a new managing director for its Russian unit....
This week InBev and Anheuser continue to keep the pages ticking over on just-drinks. Amongst the other stories at the top of the most read pages were reports on C&C, an interview with Carlsberg's CEO ...
Heineken has poached a senior marketing executive from Diageo in the US....
Carlsberg is looking to India as a market in which it is "testing the waters", despite the stronger presence of other global brewers in the market....
Heineken has confirmed that it will restate the profits from its recently-acquired Scottish & Newcastle assets....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Analysis - Cider's Campaign Gains
- Analysis - SABMiller's LatAm aim? Drink more beer
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Pernod Ricard appoints Absolut Vodka VP
- Beam Suntory to re-package Courvoisier Cognac
- Edrington posts FY profits drop
- TWE, Pernod hail China-Aus FTA
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beer, 2014 and the future