UK: Scottish & Newcastle head to stand down
Scottish & Newcastle has confirmed the departure of its chief executive.
The UK-based brewer said today (27 September) that Tony Froggatt is set to stand down from the position on 1 November. Froggatt, who will remain available to the chairman and board for three months after vacating the post, will be replaced by current managing director of S&N's Western European unit, John Dunsmore.
The announcement follows a board meeting earlier today.
"The board is very grateful to Tony for his leadership in developing the company during his time as chief executive, and we look forward to John Dunsmore continuing to take Scottish & Newcastle forward for the benefit of shareholders and stakeholders alike," said S&N chairman Brian Stewart. "The directors wish Tony well for the future."
Froggatt added: "I am proud to be able to leave Scottish & Newcastle as a world-class branded beer business which is performing so well in so many dynamic markets. It's a great company, with a great management team, and I am sure it will go from strength to strength."
Diageo has hailed the repositioning of J&B for improving the Scotch whisky brand's performance....
Foster's and Lion Nathan have both announced plans to cease production of RTDs with a high alcohol content and energy additives from their portfolios....
InBev has nominated an additional director to its board....
Asia Pacific Breweries Singapore has acquired Tiger Canada Inc....
The deadline for the second round of bids for Vin & Sprit (V&S) has been set....
Carlsberg has said it is "very happy" with the conditions set by the Russian competition commission (FAS) regarding its plans to acquire complete control of the country's brewer Baltika....
United Spirits Limited (USL), the world's third-largest spirits company has launched the first-of-its-kind retail outlet for liquor Spiritz & More in Bangalore, India....
Italian wines and spirits group Campari is considering a capital increase to fund a major acquisition, and feels the privatisation of V&S Group could provide it with possible acquisition targets, acco...
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Ten ways to successfully target older consumers
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Altria raises Anheuser-Busch InBev holding
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends