UK: Scottish Leader becomes fourth-largest Scotch in the UK
Whisky brand Scottish Leader has announced it is now the fourth-largest Scotch in the UK, thanks mainly to the brand's involvement with Scottish football clubs.
According to Scottish Leader's parent company Burn Stewart Distillers, the blended whisky has shown a 42% increase in sales volume in the 12 months to January. The company claims that this makes Scottish Leader the third-largest Scotch in the Scottish on-trade and the fourth-largest in the UK, at a time when the blended Scotch category is declining in the country.
Burn Stewart Distillers said yesterday (7 May) that it owes much of its success to its sponsorship of Celtic, Heart of Midlothian and Rangers Football Clubs. The company has recently increased its investment in the teams, with a new advertising campaign based around the sponsorship launched in April this year.
Marco Di Ciacca, brand manager for Scottish Leader said: "The UK whisky trade is a tough environment at the moment and, following the latest Budget, it's certainly not going to get any easier. However, we remain very positive and still believe there is tremendous scope for further volume gains. We are one of the few brands investing in UK activity."
The Netherlands-based Scaent Group acquired the mothballed Glenglassaugh Distillery from Highland Distillers in February. After nine months of preparation, the distillery will be up and running by the...
The South African whisky market grew by an estimated 16.2% in 2007 to over 3.5m cases. According to The IWSR's South Africa Wine and Spirits 2008 report, growth was largely driven by Jameson, Jack Dan...
Pernod Ricard has declined to comment on a report that it has appointed investment banks to sell off Spanish vineyards....
Beam Global UK is teaming up with Scottish food and drink "professionals" to promote Teacher's Blended Scotch Whisky for the Christmas period....
Pernod Ricard has posted a healthy lift in sales in its first quarter, driven by the acquisition of Vin & Sprit in the period....
Diageo has teamed up with the Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI) in the UK, through its single malt whisky brand Talisker....
William Grant & Sons has lined up a radio campaign for its Grants Scotch whisky brand in its home market....
Chivas Brothers is introducing two Christmas offerings as part of its Chivas Regal Scotch whisky range....
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is single malt the Great White Hope for Scotch?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US