UK: Scottish Courage to launch self-chilling beer keg
The CoolKeg has a built-in cooling device, which apparently can chill the 35 pint contents of the Keg within 60 minutes, then keeping the beer cold for up to 12 hours.
Developed in Germany, the kegs will initially be available from selected off-trade retailers in the Brighton area only, as part of a test-market. They will be sold for £49.95, plus a £30 deposit that is refunded in full when the keg is returned to the outlet of purchase. Each keg is then recharged and refilled at the brewery before entering the supply chain again.
John Botia, brands director - Foster's at Scottish Courage said: "Until now, the idea of enjoying draught-quality cold beer whenever and wherever you want it has been little more than a mouth-watering prospect for most people. The Foster's CoolKeg eliminates any need for complicated dispense equipment or electricity and is set to make cold draught beer a regular feature at parties and barbecues in Britain for the first time. The Foster's CoolKeg will be will be warmly welcomed by caterers and consumers alike and we are delighted to be introducing this truly innovative product to the UK public."
Companies: Foster’s Group Ltd
A revised assessment by Southcorp's independent expert has valued the company's shares closer to the bid value offered by Foster's Group....
Australian liquor giant Foster's bid for winemaker Southcorp is gathering momentum....
As one takeover story trundles on, another one has just moved up a gear....
The chief executive of Foster's believes the global premium wine industry is on the upturn....
Foster's Group Ltd is expected to announce that it is lifting its offer for fellow Australian Southcorp, transforming three months of corporate hostility into a friendly takeover....
Shares in Southcorp and Foster's have been halted from trading, pending an announcement....
Southcorp's share price has dropped below the offer price made by Foster's for the first time today (18 April)....
Foster's Group is considering upping its bid for Southcorp prior to extending its offer once again....
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Heineken 2012-2016 - results data
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt I
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Molson Coors hit by US$500m write-down in Canada
- ForEx bites, but Heineken hails strong 2016
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends