UK: Scottish Courage secures supply and distribution deal with Nomura
The new business, which will be known within Nomura as Voyager Pub Group, means that key Scottish Courage draught and packaged brands will run alongside those of Nomura's current supplier Bass Brewers.
Scottish Courage hopes to launch these key brands, which include Foster's, John Smith's, Kronenbourg 1664, Miller and Courage Best into the estate this spring.
Scottish Courage will also work with the Voyager Pub Group (under the terms of the distribution agreement) to transfer the distribution to the 900 pubs of beers, cider and soft drinks from Tradeteam to Scottish Courage. The distribution agreements for all of the Nomura pub businesses will run until 2006.
Graham Kendrick, chairman of Scottish Courage said: "This is a great business win for Scottish Courage and further extends a leadership position built on the quality of our brands and our service.
"Over a number of years we have worked to build a relationship with Nomura and to provide outstanding service to their tenants. And we are delighted to have this opportunity to extend the relationship."
He continued: "Contract distribution is an increasingly important service to multiple retailers in the UK on-trade market and Scottish Courage is committed to being the leading provider of these services."
Scottish Courage already provides the same distribution service for Nomura's established pub businesses, Unique Pub Co and Inn Partnership.
Companies: Foster’s Group Ltd
A revised assessment by Southcorp's independent expert has valued the company's shares closer to the bid value offered by Foster's Group....
Australian liquor giant Foster's bid for winemaker Southcorp is gathering momentum....
As one takeover story trundles on, another one has just moved up a gear....
The chief executive of Foster's believes the global premium wine industry is on the upturn....
Foster's Group Ltd is expected to announce that it is lifting its offer for fellow Australian Southcorp, transforming three months of corporate hostility into a friendly takeover....
Shares in Southcorp and Foster's have been halted from trading, pending an announcement....
Southcorp's share price has dropped below the offer price made by Foster's for the first time today (18 April)....
Foster's Group is considering upping its bid for Southcorp prior to extending its offer once again....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends