INDIA: Scotch Whisky Association to complain to EU & WTO over "violated agreement"
The Scotch Whisky Association (SWA), is lodging formal complaints with the EU and WTO over India's 700% Import Duty on spirits announced in the last Budget (1st March). SWA spokesman Tim Jackson said India is violating international trade agreements on five levels by imposing the tariffs on imported Scotch.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's Allegro cost-saving programme
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Pernod Ricard set for CMO switch
- Scotch whisky leaders sign pro-UK letter
- Molson Coors appoints Europe CEO