UK: Scotch to confront parliament on stamp tax
Scotch Whisky producers will today tell a parliamentary inquiry that "the industry has met the Chancellor's challenge to bring forward solutions to beat spirits fraud. In contrast, tax stamps on whisky bottles will not beat the fraudster, but cost the industry tens of millions of pounds every year, damaging its competitiveness and productivity," according to the Scotch Whisky Association.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Pernod Ricard set for CMO switch
- Scotch whisky leaders sign pro-UK letter